Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thirteen the Film

I must say that I found the movie, Thirteen, very interesting. I vaguely remember this being an Oscar nominated film. I understand that it is also based on some actual experiences of the actor who played Evie, who, as an adolescent co-wrote the script. I thought the film was good and gave some insight into what some adolescents go through today. It also gave you some clue as to what can happen when parents/guardians are not paying attention to what's happening with their kids because of their own trials and tribulations. That being said, no matter what generation you come from those "tween" years can be difficult. You don't quite know where you belong. You feel too old for the 12 and under group, yet you're not quite old enough for the 14 and above group. It's like you're sort of in limbo. I think everyone experiences that feeling at some point at thirteen.

1 comment:

Professor Rubenstein said...

Well said Gail. Tough film to watch and I do have some sympathy for the mother. Acting out, notice me, wanting to grow up--all good to follow up.